photos by moi
My summer so far has been the chillest ever. I mean it. Between adventures with my boyfriend and friends upstate, cooking up ideas in my attic room and fantastic fashionable blogger events back in NYC, I have so many stories just from these past 3 months! And now that the 4th of July has rolled around for celebration, I remember my summer so far. Each photo I have up here tells a little story:
1. My room is an attic/studio on the third floor of my house in Buffalo. I loved all the natural light I get up here back in high school when I was poking around with photography. This windowsill is the best place to meditate for a bit. I've hung up 2 of my favorite pieces from Forever 21 here.
2. This tangled mess is a result of poor packing after moving out of my dorm building in NYC. As of yesterday, I have been able to untangle 2 necklaces from the bunch.
3. This past trip to NYC was super special because I was able to drive down with my boyfriend Joe and our friend Moishe. Whilst back, we had a little roof party at Joe's Aunt's apartment downtown.
4. In SoHo I was surprisingly inspired by the window lace/fabric drippings at Urban Outfitters. It reminded me of my family's summer trips to the Adirondacks when my mom would hang doilies in the cabin window to cast lacy shadows.
5. Love these heels from Aldo and this vintage carpet in my attic, I wanna take it back to my apartment back in NYC soooo badly!
6. This leather wrap was bought off a street vendor on Canal street. i should have gotten 3 more in other colors!
7. One of my favorite pastimes has always been cutting out interesting images from magazines and old books. Sometimes I make collages with them, sometimes I just keep them in a clippings box.
8. My ring collection/ holding a wild strawberry. Joe, Moishe and I were on a country drive when we discovered this super spooky abandoned house on the side of the road, basically in the middle of nowhere. We stopped to take a closer look and noticed the grounds were riddled with wild strawberries! It was eerie and beautiful all at once.
9. Chelsea street art, constantly changing, constantly inspiring.
Happy 4th of July everyone! Celebrate accordingly.